Headquartered close to Piraeus, our Company supports vessels with urgent or scheduled repair requirements in our premises, in Greek ports as well as worldwide. Apart from main propulsion engines and diesel generators, our ship repairs division offers repair and maintenance services for vessels’ auxiliary and deck machinery.
Auxiliary and Deck machinery support the safe and reliable running of engines, the living conditions of the crew, and the port operations such as the loading/unloading, mooring, etc. For mooring and anchor winches, cranes, hydraulic jacks, cooling water, lubricating and circulating pumps, blowers, compressors, heat exchangers, steering gear, stern tube, and intermediate bearings suffering damages, KIMI SA offers reliable, high-quality reconditioning services tailored to the customer’s needs.
All the above damages and even more are handled successfully by our modern mechanical workshop, skilled technical staff, and engineers. Our facilities are armored with state of the art equipment for high accuracy machining and worn surface built-up technologies like SAW (Submerged Arc Welding), MIG, TIG and Laser Cladding, are applied and restore the operational life of the defective component.
Some indicative works that our workshop undertakes include the following:
- Propeller shaft machining or manufacturing, coupling bolts manufacturing.
- Rudder stock machining or manufacturing, rudder bushes manufacturing.
- Stern tube bearing and intermediate bearing re- metalizing and machining.
- Steering gear repairs and components manufacture.
- Manufacture of pump parts like shafts, impellers, casings.
- Repair of mooring, anchor and windlass winches, gears manufacture, brakes etc.
- Hydraulic cylinders repairs, piston and cylinder manufacture.
- Heat exchanger (air coolers, oil coolers etc) repair and manufacture.
- Gears manufacture and overhauling of gear boxes.