Our mechanical workshop is one the biggest and most modern in Europe. Its unique set up and infrastructure is giving us the ability to respond promptly and provide reliable solutions in repair tasks for mechanical equipment or fabrication of parts, for the shipping industry, the power generation sector and refineries.
The workshop is equipped with state of the art multi axes CNC machine tools as well as conventional machines of all types which are used for repair machining tasks or for the fabrication of new components. Our machines can process workpieces up to 2.5m in diameter, 10m in length and up to 40 tons of weight. When possible, defective parts can be restored by SAW (submerged arc welding), MIG, TIG or even Laser Cladding. Our investments in welding and surface restoration/coating systems gave us the advantage of offering complete solutions from one source.
A modern quality control & metallurgical laboratory together with high end 3-D scanning systems and CAD/CAM software completes the puzzle. Of course all these would have no meaning without the right staff. Our mechanical engineers and technicians are very experienced and skilled and they are the source of our success up to date.
Common works undertaken by our workshop include the following:
- Overhaul and repair of single and multistage centrifugal pumps, screw pumps etc, manufacture of components.
- Overhaul and repair of hydraulic cylinders, manufacture of components.
- Overhaul and repair of gearboxes, manufacture of gears.
- Overhaul and repair of centrifugal and reciprocating compressors, manufacture of components.
- Overhaul of turbomachinery mechanical equipment and manufacture of components.
- Overhaul of 2-stroke and 4-stroke marine and power generation diesel engines, repair of related equipment and manufacture of components.
- Overhaul, repair and manufacture of components for steering gear and rudder systems.
- White metal bearings manufacture and re-metallizing.
- Heat exchanger manufacture and repairs.