In our workshop we have the capacity to recondition not only four stroke but also two stroke connecting rods of big size engines.
Connecting rods are under high stress from the reciprocating load represented by the piston. Common failures occurred, most often on four stroke connecting rods, are ovality, cracks in the way of the serration or overheating in the big-end bore and ovality or damage in the small- end bore.
We recondition four stroke connecting rods following the procedure described below:
- Dimensional inspection- Reporting
- Magnetic particle testing (Magnaflux) for cracks detection on serration. Magnaflux is a non-destructive testing process for the detection of not only surface but also subsurface discontinuities by direct or indirect magnetization.
- Restoration of the big end bore to the original diameter
- Replacement of the small- end bush if required
- Assembly and tightening following OEM tightening instructions
- Final dimensional inspection- Reporting
NDT services and certificates are issued by certified personnel (Level II EN473).